You should change your air filters every 1-2 months. Tenants are responsible for changing air filters during the course of the school year. Generally, B.C. Parker staff will replace the air filters in August prior to school starting and during December and January during holiday break. Air filters can be purchased in many locations including some grocery stores, Home Depot, Lowes and other hardware stores.
How to change your air filter:
- The air filter is located in the dining room [PP.001]
- Remove the cover labeled “FILTER” at the bottom of the AC unit
- Slide the air filter out and replace with new filter [PP.002]
- Air Filter Size: 20 x 20 x 1
- Be sure to point the arrow of the filter UP towards the ceiling. The air flows in from the apartment through the return vent where the filter is located.
- Return the filter cover to original position and tighten the hand screws
- Your main breaker box is located in the dining room [PP.003]
- The bathroom and kitchen outlets within the apartment are equipped with GFI (Ground Fault Interrupter) [PP.004]
- Ground fault interrupters are designed to protect from electrical shock by interrupting a household circuit and trip a breaker at the receptacle or at the breaker panel to remove the shock hazard
- How to reset a tripped GFI outlet from your breaker box http://youtu.be/SUo5-nb8pu4
- Note, you must turn breaker switch completely to “OFF” position then back to “ON” in order to reset the breaker. Simply turning back to “ON” will not reset breaker.
- To operate the garbage disposal, flip switch located above the sink [PP.004]
- To cut power to your microwave, unplug the unit from the cabinets above [PP.005]
- To cut water from the apartment, turn the valve marked with a blue WATER CUT OFF sticker located in the kitchen closet [PP.007]
- To turn off water for toilet, turn the water valve located on the wall behind the toilet [PP.007]
- To turn off water for bedroom sink, turn the water valve located inside the vanity [PP.008]